BUILDING & ZONING DEPARTMENT
Ogemaw County Building & Zoning
806 W Houghton Avenue
West Branch, Michigan 48661
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Building & Zoning Department issues all construction related permits, for all of Ogemaw County, including:
and performs all inspections. In addition to construction permits, this department enforces the Zoning Ordinance throughout the county, except within the borders of: the city of West Branch, West Branch Township, and Edwards Township. For more information on Zoning and Zoning Ordinance Enforcement, simply look to our Zoning/Planning Department page.
Please call to obtain the proper fee for your project and more details on the new requirements.
In addition to an application for a building permit, you will be required to supply this department with additional information, specific to your project. This information may include:
- A septic tank permit if you are adding bedrooms, or building the first building on a parcel of land.
- A driveway permit, or approval of your existing driveway if your property borders a county road.
- A floor plan, and a cross section of the structure is required for nearly all permits.
- A site plan, showing the new construction, and dimensions to all lot lines.
There may be other requirements as well.
Please contact the office for more information on requirements.
The Ogemaw County Building and Zoning Office now accepts credit card payments for permits through a service provided by GovPayNet.
To pay by debit/credit card, you must call 888-604-7888 or log onto www.GovPayNow.com (This will direct you to the GovPayNet website).
The following information is needed when making a payment:
- Amount for permit.
- Pay Location Code: 5958
- Property Identification, i.e. property address, property owner. Tax ID number preferred.
- A valid MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover
Please note: When charging your credit card, GovPayNet will add a service fee to the payment amount due. If you have any questions please call 1-888-604-7888. (Live operators are available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week to help you!)